With the next generation Series 4000, MTU provides the perfect Tier 4-ready frac engine – hitting the sweet spot in terms of performance, reliability and life-cycle costs. Designed to meet EPA Tier 4i, MTU’s Series 4000 engine is the technological base for the future requirements of Tier 4 final. It offers a solid foundation to ensure your success – today and in the future. The new MTU Series 4000 engine has been designed for the specific requirements of the frac application, offering more torque, lower fuel consumption, and no after-treatment.
MTU EGR Technology
MTU’s current engines > 560 kW (751 bhp) achieve EPA Tier 4i emissions with integrated cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) - without the need for additional after-treatment. So no extra tanks or fluids required.
As the key emissions control technology, MTU Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) is tried and tested in the field and has successfully proven its reliability in even the toughest situations. The new MTU Series 4000 is ready to order from your MTU distributor.
MTU Series 4000 Tier 4i – Your benefits:
- No additives needed for emissions control due to in-engine technologies
- Up to 5% better fuel economy*
- Lower life-cycle costs*
- Uncompromising durability, availability and reliability for more uptime
- Maintenance intervals optimized for individual application
- 12V 4000 T94L rated at 2500 bhp (1865 kW)
- 12V 4000 T94 rated at 2250 bhp (1678 kW)
- Performance map optimized for frac application: More low-end torque
- Full performance available beyond 4,000 m (13,000 ft)
- Optimized power-to-weight ratio
- MTU’s extensive sales and service network provides swift, skilled and professional service, no matter where, when or why you need us
- Experienced MTU specialists are your local, reliable partners
* compared to EPA Tier 2 engine