MTU’s next generation Series 2000 engine is a leader in emissions reduction, economical operation and powerful performance. It meets EPA Tier 4i emission requirements through the use of internal engine technology alone – requiring no aftertreatment and associated infrastructure. With the new Series 2000 you get lower emissions and lower fuel consumption plus extended component life.
MTU’s current engines above 560 kW/750 bhp, have been ideally designed to achieve EPA Tier 4i emissions with integrated cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR).
The result is a lower cost of ownership in addition to lower emissions. Designed to meet EPA Tier 4i, the MTU Series 2000 shows the way – also for Tier 4 final. It offers a solid base to ensure your success – today and in the future. The next generation Series 2000 is ready to order from your local MTU distributor.
MTU Series 2000 Tier 4i – your benefits:
- No additives needed for emissions control due to in-engine technologies
- Up to 10% better fuel economy*
- Up to 8% lower life-cycle costs*
- Extended component life for longer overhaul periods
- Uncompromising availability and reliability for maximized uptime
- Optimized torque design and improved engine characteristic curve
- Full performance available at an altitude up to 3,100 m (10,200 ft)
- Intelligent fit of the performance map with downstream components
- Outstanding power-to-weight ratio
- MTU’s extensive sales and service network provides swift, skilled and professional service, no matter where, when or why you need us.
- Experienced MTU specialists are your local, reliable partners
*compared to EPA Tier 2