The PowerPack® Automation System is an innovative high-end technology from MTU for railway vehicles – railcars, for instance. PowerPack® Automation optimizes the control, regulation, and monitoring of the entire powertrain. The modularly designed system ensures that the powertrain can easily be customized to a variety of complex conditions present when operating a railway system.
The following is possible with PowerPack® Automation:
- easy integration into new or – in the case of refitting – existing vehicle control systems
- flexibly adapting vehicles or vehicle components to project-specific requirements
- automatic performance adjustments or engine shutdowns, if necessary, via the integrated safety system, as well as all further necessary monitoring and safety functions.
- the integrated automatic load control (moment control management) optimizes the traction respective to the amount of connected load (for example generators, compressors, etc.)
Thus, the MTU PowerPack® offers you:
- a high level of performance efficiency
- lower fuel consumption
- minimal exhaust emission levels that are significantly below the current legal requirements (currently valid EU Level III A and in the future EU Level III B)
- flexible and standardized interface solutions